Have a nice Saturday, neighbors! Here are the most important things in today Orange County.
First the weather today: Clear all day. High: 86, low: 64.
On Saturday, your fishing and surfing report at 7:04 a.m. shows low tide at 2.07 feet. The tide will be at 4.56 feet at 1:48 p.m.
Sunrise is at 6:23 am and sunset is at 7:22 pm
Notable Stories: We love a little bit of weird news, and this week we met the best and worst people in Orange County and beyond. Of a World War II seaman buried in Pearl Harbor 80 years after his death to New findings in coronavirus research, here’s the best of California’s weird news. (Orange County Patch)
Here are the top stories in Orange County today:
- A missing girl from Mission Viejo was finally found while the man she went with was arrested. Orange County Sheriff’s investigators learn more about this case of a 15-year-old who left school with someone she had never met in person. (Mission Viejo patch)
- A San Clemente Mann was reported missing by his wife after failing to return home from a doctor’s appointment. The 84-year-old man with the onset of dementia ended up in Mexico. OCSD is working on bringing him home. (San Clemente Patch)
- Two Orange County Men are named as defendants in a 71-page indictment dating back to the Capitol Police attack on the U.S. Capitol on January 6th. (Orange County Patch)
- We have found the new excavations of “Bachelor in Paradise” star Jade Roper and Tanner Tolberts Trabuco Gorge House designed by Opulent Design Build of Irvine. Check out some of these amazing pictures. (Us weekly)
- More about the best people, here’s how one Orange County Musician is working to save “girls with guitars” from Kabul. (OCRegister)
- That’s a great check for amazing work. In this week, Orange County The fire department received $ 15 million from Senator Dave Min. See how they spend it. (Orange County Patch)
- Coronavirus levels in Orange County? Not until more people died of the disease. See how COVID-19 deaths showed an upward trend this month. (FOX 11 Los Angeles)
Today in Orange County
- Free Family Mini Photo Sessions! (9 am)
- Girls JV Volleyball – Brea Tournament. (See more)
- SAT test – Woodbridge High. (See more)
- LAHS Boys Volleyball Tryouts – Los Alamitos High School. (8 o’clock)
- The Santa Ana City Pet Vaccination Clinic. (9 am)
- Torah Study – Zoom / Remote Control – Beth Sholom Temple. (9:15 am)
- Friends of the library book bag sale. (10 am)
- Free webinars on financial education. (10 am)
- Great reopening of United by Fitness. (4 p.m.)
- Chalk Art Festival & Concert – Yorba Linda Parks & Recreation. (17:30)
- Studio 50 dance party in the Great Park – City of Irvine. (6 p.m.)
Orange County Patch Notebook
- Orange County Fire Department: “Our firefighters enjoyed spending time with the community tonight as part of the National Night Out in Laguna Hills. Rob Hays, a firefighter assigned to ‘The Big House’ (Station 22), demonstrated a timer to all firefighters A practice.” (Facebook).
- OK parks: âTonight we closed #OCSummerNights with the sea breeze and the sweet sounds of summer from @donavon_frankenreiter.
- Orange County Register: “The Dapper Dans Barbershop Quartet will return to Main Street USA at Disneyland on September 3rd.” (Facebook).
- Orange County Pit Bull Rescue: âMolly is an outreach dog that we took to the emergency room yesterday because she couldn’t walk. Her mother does a lot for the rescue community and is just beside herself. (Facebook).
- Orange County Department of Ed: “The OCDE alternative education program may have a new director, but Vern Burton is certainly no newcomer to the ACCESS family. Having worked for ACCESS as a teacher, assistant principal and principal for nearly 25 years.” (Instagram).
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
Thank you for participating and informing! Up soon. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Ashley Ludwig
About me: Ashley Ludwig has been a columnist and online news editor since 2007.
Prior to joining Patch, she worked as an editor for Southwest Riverside’s Valley News Newspaper – both print and online. She co-founded the Southern California news company DailySoCal.com – and prior to that, a freelance journalist for publications such as the North County Times, the San Diego Union-Tribune, and the Southwest Riverside News Network (SWRNN.com.). ) and still owns the local Southern California Wine Country blog: TemeculaGrapevine.com. Ashley Ludwig has been working as a writer on the Internet since the late 1990s. She is a graduate of the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Arts and Sciences. Wife and mother of two daughters is the author of several romantic suspense novels. www.ashleyludwig.com
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Orange County Daily? You can reach me at [email protected]