KAI Enterprises, a national design firm, was named Company of the Year with the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Dallas Firm Award 2021.
As part of the AIA Dallas’ Honor Awards, the Firm Award is presented to the member company that has best demonstrated outstanding commitment to design, practice, community and professional endeavors.
“This is a great honor for our design office. We couldn’t be happier than being recognized by AIA Dallas for our commitment to community building and the betterment of the lives of the residents of the Dallas-Fort Worth area through our projects, especially in the minority communities, ”said KAI President Darren L James, FAIA.
KAI expanded into the DFW region in 1999 and has grown into a minority-owned design-build company in the state. It has a diverse portfolio of experience, internal multi-discipline experts and expertise in an integrated project management process. Notable community projects that KAI has been involved in include:
- South Dallas Government Center
- Billy Earl Dade Middle School
- JB Jackson Transit Center
- Reby Cary Youth Library
- Sam Houston High School
- Dr. Robert LM Hillard Health Center
- East Meadows Apartments
- Select the headquarters of the Federal Credit Union
- Tarrant County Precinct 1 Administration Building
- The cedars in Carver Park
- The villas on the beach
- South Oak Cliff High School