CLEVE-LAND, June 2, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Healthy increases in commercial building spending due to the low levels of the COVID-19 pandemic through 2025 will be a key driver behind the growth in demand for behind-the-wall plumbing, according to new analysis from Freedonia Group:
- Commercial buildings account for the bulk of the need for behind-the-wall installations, primarily due to the extensive fire suppression systems typically mandated in the vast majority of non-residential buildings.
- Demand in this segment fell between 2019 and 2020 as COVID-19 restrictions caused many restaurants and retail facilities to close, created a large inventory of vacant commercial space and hampered new building construction.
- While commercial building construction remained weak in 2021, it is expected to recover in 2022 and continue to grow into 2025, boosting demand in such sanitation-intensive buildings as offices, hospitals, hotels and senior living facilities and more.
Increased construction of assisted living facilities to fuel commercial market growth
Another important driver of behind-the-wall plumbing spending in the commercial market, the analysis says, will be increased construction of new assisted living facilities to support an aging US population. These structures require large amounts of products for installation behind the wall:
- Many establishments have both large central kitchens (for communal dining) and separate kitchens in self-contained living units – requiring the installation of multiple main distribution and DWV lines.
- Bathrooms in these facilities have a large number of specialty fittings (such as adjustable showerheads or toilets with raised seats) that often require additional pipe sections or fittings to connect to plumbing lines.
- Many senior living complexes are on just one floor; These common layouts mean that more (and longer) runs of pipe are needed to connect to water and sewer lines.
Would you like to find out more?
Sanitary installation behind the wall, available now from The Freedonia Group, provides historical data for 2010, 2015, 2019, 2020 and 2021 and forecasts for 2022, 2025 and 2030 for both the value of and demand for behind the wall sanitary products by product, application and market. The study also identifies leaders in key product segments and discusses factors affecting the marketing and sales of behind-the-wall installation products in the United States.
The products covered in this study are:
- tube (plastic and metal)
- Fittings (Tees, Elbows, Couplings, Pipe Brackets, Other Fittings)
The applications for behind-the-wall installation products are:
- firefighting systems
- Drain, Waste and Vent (DWV)
- radiant floor systems
About the Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is the leading international industry research firm providing our clients with product analysis, market forecasts, industry trends and market share information. From one-person consulting firms to global conglomerates, our analysts provide companies with unbiased, reliable industry market research and analysis to help them make important business decisions. With over 100 studies published annually, we support over 90% of industrial Fortune 500 companies. Find standard studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com or contact us for custom research: +1 440.842.2400.
SOURCE The Freedonia Group